Thursday, February 28, 2013

Review - Nars Powder Blush - Orgasm


To follow me on on Facebook click here.

Aah....what an Orgasm!!

No..No.. don’t worry this is not some X-rated blog post; these are merely my thoughts on how much I enjoy my ‘Orgasm’ ;) . Well.....before you all think that I’m some sort of pervert writing about Orgasm, allow me to clear the air!
‘Orgasm’ for the discerning is the blockbuster blush by NARS!!


What NARS says about it... NARS Orgasm makes cheeks blush a perfect pinky-peach flush and subtly highlights with accents of golden shimmer. The perennially pleasing, universally flattering shade is again and again a makeup artist and beauty editor favourite. 


Well...well... according to me Orgasm really does stand true to its claim... a fab pinky-peachy blush with a subtle golden sheen that looks great on my light-medium skin. The ‘golden’ in the blush is a genuine sheen... and not glitter as some might have a doubt about. The staying power of the blush is awesome and I can easily get around 7-8 hrs wear. Its surely is a tricky blush to blend and though the swatches may not do justice, but the pigmentation is good.  I do not feel the need of a highlighter with this blush as the ‘golden sheen’ catches light perfectly to highlight your cheek bones.

I prefer wearing this as an evening do blush...simply because of its highlighting power and the fact that even if it’s not blended ‘that well’ it won’t look odd!!


Where I purchased it from: Beautiful, Khar, Mumbai
Price: 2000/- (I know it’s a LOT more than whats mentioned on Sephora.com.. but hey this was months ago when I didn’t know that sephora will be opening up in India!!)
Will I be re-purchasing? Not needed!!
To Summarize: It’s a cult classic blush that I feel you can’t go wrong with!! Anyways...who doesn’t want an Orgasm ;) !!
Overall Verdict – 4.5/5
Pigmentation – 4.5/5
Packaging – 5/5
Longitivity – 4.5/5
Availability – 3/5 (Some online sites and some shops that sell these imported stuff)