Monday, May 06, 2013

Review: Maybelline Hyper Curl Volume Express Waterproof Mascara



Maybelline has come up with their Hyper range which seem to be catching up among beauty junkies. I have become an ardent fan of Hypergloss liquid eyeliner in black. It's become a staple for me. Now they have introduced 3 more colors to the range. 



We all know about the Hypersharp eyeliner pen. It's a very popular tool these days.
The third in the range is the HyperCurl Volume Express Waterproof Mascara. 




It's a black mascara with a thick formula. It is waterproof and that explains why the thick formula.
The unique thing about this mascara is its brush which is curved in shape for that curling effect. To test this I used this mascara directly on the lashes without using an eyelash curler. And Viola I was impressed with the result. It actually curls the lashes.



The formula is waterproof. I tried taking it out with water but it didn't budge. Need an oil based eye makeup remover to take it off. Once it comes in contact with oil based eye makeup remover it comes off easily.
The packaging is usual and average. Black container with silver lid. But the brush is very impressive I must say again.

What I like:

  • Unique brush that curls and elongates the lashes. Lash curler not needed.
  • Price(It's the cheapest mascara I ever got)
  • Waterproof formula that works.


What I don't like:

  • Too thick formula for my choice. I have been using Loreal Volume Millenium lashes. But most waterproof mascaras come this way. May tend to dry up coz its already so thick. But its ok as you will chuck it in 3 months.


Overall rating: 4.5/5

Performance: 4.5/5

Packaging: 4.5/5(Including brush)

Price: INR 200/- (I got 25% discount,so INR 150/- only)

Here is how it looks: