Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Content Review - Vellvette Box Feb'13

To follow me on my Facebook page click here

You saw my excitement about my first sampling box ever and you saw how highly impressed I was with Vellvette Feb Box. The 2 full Size products were fab idea. Its time to let you know what's my review of the products or samples I got in the box.




Product1-Purely Pro Powder Blush - Strawberry





Its a radiant pink color blush with golden shimmer. When applied lightly it appears like natural pink blush which doubles for a pink shade highlighter. But on building upthe color it appears bright pink with very obvious shimmers. The color should suit most skin tones. I feel because of the shimmers it will suit medium to dusky skin tones better. On fair skin tones the color may look stark if applied heavy handed. I would prefer to use it very light or like a highlighter. Pigmentation may not be to the standard of MAC. But Is not bad at all. Longitivity is decent. It lasts for a good 5-6 hours when applied over a foundation or BB Cream. The packaging is different. Unlike the other popular blushes available in the market, comes with
a screw cap.I may not consider buying it again coz this will last me forever.



My Overall verdict of the product 4/5.

Product2- Figs & Rouges Aloe and Mint Balm





Now this was a pleasent surprise. It Was a full size balm in a cute tin box. It has a very rustic feel with old British style font and the tiny tin box. Its a multipurpose balm that can be used on lips face hand & body. I tried it on my lips elbows and cuticles. Firstly it smells like melted mint that you find inside the famous chocolate After 8 . Taste is slightlysweetened. I love the texture. Its very very smooth. One of the smoothest balms I have come across. Lips are moistened soft and supple for atleast about 2-3hours. Depending on how dry the lips are and the dryness is the air. This product is definitely a must repurchase. 



My overall verdict 4.5/5. It loses 0.5 for I would have preferred it in a tube for hygiene reasons.

Product3- Lancome - Gentle softening cleaning fluid for face and eyes.




This is a sample size tiny whiny plastic bottle. It claims to be a gentle face and eyes cleanser. The texture is smooth creamy and fragrant. I
tried taking my makeup off with it. It does a good job and leaves the skin soft and moistened. Having said that I would still prefer oil based cleanser for my eyes. Its faster. I may definitely consider this for a repurchase for my face.  


Plus I got whole lot of discount cards for purchase of the full size products. 



My overall verdict 4/5


My overall verdict of my first Vellvette Box - 4.5/5



I can safely say,"It was a paisa wasool deal"!