Saturday, December 15, 2012

Review - NYX – Coral-licious – Lip Lacquer


NYX – Coral-licious – Lip Lacquer

Before the Pantone’s color of the year could change to Emerald – Green 2013, I had to rave about my favourite stuff in the color of this year Pantone’s – Tangerine Tango 2012. Orange / Coral / Peach has been the color for the year. It was the new black. Every big or small brand introduced their version of coral and peach ranges. We all thought it would rock the summers, last through the monsoons and barely survive through the autumn. But this color palette was here to stay. I wanted to join the gang too. I started my hunt for the right coral lip color in a gloss finish. After searching through most of the brand to get the right color for myself I came across Nyx Lip Lacquer Pot in Coral-licious. When I first saw it the color repulsed me. Thought I would look like a 3 year old who has just enjoyed a full orange Popsicle, with horrendous orange lips. But the dark orangey gel magically transforms into glossy peachy / coralish lacquer on the lip. The color is very youthful, adventurous, summery, outdoorsy, beachy, femme, flowery and full of life.


Price –INR520

Where I bought it fromwww.healthkart.com

Longitivity – 3/5 (Doesn't last over 3-4 pieces of starters and a glass of drink)

Will I by it again – Not needed.

Recommendation - NYX – Coral-licious – Lip Lacquer is a peachy and coralish glossy lip color. Suits most light to medium skintone. It gives a nice High gloss effect for full lips. Great for day or night wear. Comes in a translucent cute pot and black lid. Drawback is that it’s filled deep in the pot and you need a brush to wear it, can’t use your fingers to dab it on like a lip balm.