Friday, April 05, 2013

Review – Nyx Round Lip Gloss – Apricot



To follow me on Facebook click here

After having subscribed for my monthly luxury sampling box at Vellvette there is definitely something that comes as a pleasant surprise. All the content may not be fabulous every month but there are certainly some that u love to receive.
Infact it’s just another bahana to indulge in some more beauty products. If there were more beauty samplers in India, I would have subscribed for those too. “Birchbox and Ipsy, when are you guys comes to India? Are you listening?”  



Nyx Round Lip Gloss – Apricot is a dazzling, super shiny orange lip gloss. It’s not a stark orange color. But it’s more like a color between coral and dark orange. Well to be precise it’s Apricot Color. Duh..... You got it. Yes, it’s the same Apricot that looks like a reddish bum that has s been swanked ... Lol.. Just kidding.


 It a perfect wear alone lip gloss or it can be worn over some lipcolor. I prefer to wear it just like that, coz I don’t like the color to be diluted and I enjoy the orangey color.



I am a sucker for corals and oranges. Tangerine was the Pantone color 2012 but I still have the hots for it and it will be like that for ever I guess. Every time its spring these bright yellows, oranges and pink make a havoc all over I guess. So making the lip gloss a perfect spring color for the right pop of color and the illumination with the lustre.


The gloss smells apricot to make it all the more appealing to me. Ohhh...apricot syrup smeared lips..hot hot hot... 



I already have a NYX Lip Lacquer in Coral which I adore. It’s a tiny pot which could get very cumbersome to use.  I am glad we have this too from NYX. Here is a pic of it from my earlier review.
Read review here

Coming back to NYX Round Lip Gloss Apricot, the texture of the gloss of smooth , super shiny, not very sticky some lip glosses. However the staying power like most lip glosses is just about 2-3 hours. Having said that, I must say that even if the color fades off in a short span, the shine stays on the lips for very long. Note, it leaves a shine not shimmer. Also the fragrance lingers over the lips for a decent while.

Ingredients: -
polybutylene, mineral oil, hydrogenated polydecene, diisosteryl manatee, polyglyceryl -2- triisostearate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ,aloe barbadensis leaf extract, ceresin, silica dimethyl silylate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, C18-38, tocopheryl acetate, BHA fragrance, titanium dioxide, ,iron oxide black, iron oxide red, iron oxide yellow, Cl 15850,Cl 12085, Cl 45410

Packaging: – It comes in a round translucent tube with a black opaque cap. Makes it easy to check the color and quantity of the gloss.  The applicator is angled for an easy application.

What I like about NYX Round Lip Gloss Apricot:
·         Love the color.
·         Not too sticky.
·         Ease of use and travel friendly
·         Doesn’t leave the shimmer on after the color is gone. Just shine.
·         Can be worn on nude lips too. However very pigmented lip may have an issue.
·         I love the apricot fragrance on it.
What I don’t like about NYX Round Lip Gloss Apricot:
·         Nothing really. But I wish the packaging would get a little creative.

Overall rating – 4.8/5
Will I repurchase: Definitely in other shades.
Price: INR 400/- I got it in my March Vellvette box.
This is how it looks on me: